Monday, July 14, 2008

Up and downs of an interesting day

Well my first day in my new department is over. It all started last night when I dropped Sarah off at her Sleep Clinic appointment. Sleeping in an empty bed when you've gotten used to snuggling and kissing before bed is harder than you think - it forced me to watch extra amounts of TV (that awful boob tube, an insomniacs best friend though). When I set my alarm, I set it for 5pm instead of am so I overslept till 5:45! (Thank the cat for waking me up.) But I got to work only 5 mins late which is not to bad. The day went OK other than trying to get familiar with the department. Worse thing about the day is this nauseated feeling I'm having. At first I thought it was me just being nervous, however its lasted all day.

So I got off work, picked up the stuff I need for ball hockey, and got home to the loving arms of my Pookey (I really think Sarah hates that name). I figured a cuddle and a nap before dinner at Moms would settle my nausea. It did for a little bit but was back after dinner as I was sitting reading blogs and vegging before ball hockey. I really should not have gone but its playoffs and I cant let my teammates down; had it been a regular season game I would have. Good thing is we won the game in OT. Bad thing is I was out of breath most of the game and felt completely awful. I was making mistakes all game long. Mom seems to think I'm overtired and just need a break with all the massive housework, moving and ball hockey. Personally I think its my lack of going to the gym and all the snacking I'm doing, but Mom is usually right so I'm going to take tomorrow off work and get some much needed rest.

Well until I write again have fun and don't do anything I would not do.

Weedze

6 comments:

dust and kam said...

Sounds like a bummer of a day - yet not too bad.

Hey Sarah - do you like the name Pookey??? :)

I hate sleeping alone, although I get A LOT more room when he's gone! Dang bed hogger! Ha ha. I am totally kidding.

Hope you are feeling better and have a super day off. And maybe you should think about getting some rest.

Heather said...

When Ryan isnt there, the dog snuggles me so hardcore that I'm falling off the bed all night and have no blankets so it's really no different lol.

I keep wondering if I should go to a sleep clinic, I wake up at least 8 times every single night which I put down to mind training when I was younger but I dont need it anymore yet keep doing it!

Hope you feel better soon, exhaustion certainly can give you side effects.

Btw my first thought when I began the second paragraph was, 'he went to give his mum a snuggle and have a nap??' Lol, I'm assuming that was a snuggle with Sarah though!

sarah said...

lol, I don't really mind it Kamie, but ugh, when I hear it dozens of times a day it wears pretty thin....

and LOL heather. yeah, he snuggles with his mummy all the time ;)

weedze said...

Hmm now that I think about about it Sarah is a bit of bed hogger. then again she could be just be getting use to sleeping beside someone because she is getting much better.

I recommend going to the clinic its well worth it and you may be surprised at the results and it may be well worth it.

weedze said...

thats right babe your my mommy and im your daddy

Kelly said...

I love having the bed to myself! It's such a rare occurrence that I make the most of it while I can and starfish in the centre with all the blankets tucked in around me.

Hope you are feeling better K!