Friday, April 11, 2008

Memorirs of a season

well its been a while since I ve posted, with inventory at work means long hours and no energy to do anything. so guess what the first thing to go is the blog entrys so now im behind. i wanted to to the entry right after the banquet. its funny how life works out that way.


being sick and exchusted really lets you put things into perspective. Its really been an interesting season for me, maybe my best ever for the first time in a long time i looked forword to going to the rink every week. not cuase we were winning but it was to be around the chemestry we had as a team. no matter how bad yor life was going you walked in to that room and it was like an instance change. I think Mrs sap (pookey) noticed this when she was sitting across the table from most of them.

there is a couple moments this year that really stand out for me. i think first it was my second shoutout of the season, it was against the aves the really dominated us we spend most of the game in our zone. i must have seen 50 shots that night. for me it was a turning point in my season that i can do this each and every week. second one i remember is just after christmas it was when we played with just 6 players for the first time yes we one the game but it was the start of us becoming closer as a team this was also a sign of things to come. I think last one the regular season that i will remember is the thrid last game aginst the lightning this one stick out not cause of the game it self but what happend before the goalie whi finished second behind me in GAA was spouting his mouth off saying how he was going to beat me. our team her this and blasted him 8 one sealing the top goaltender award for me.

in the play off it was more of a rollercoaster ride for me start ok went bad then really well. our first game was really well weird one i had a ok night we got lock bounce when muffins bro took a shot from our blueline and it bounced in giving us a 4 -4 tie. game two was a shoot out against my #2 1-0 typical game for the two of us back and forth save after save. game three well im not going to talk about that one. game 4 was a good bounce back game me for me we got down 2 nothing early but the started self distructed and we took it to them and beat them 5 -3. the rest were typical season us win one goal games. last inmages that stands in my head is two goals and a player first goal was the winner in the semi final in one of the back and forth games. it was a goals scores goal. i will always have that image in my head. the second one is the winner in the final it was the best move i have ever seen in a long time. and it somes up a entire season for us when ourr back were against the walls we always game through. now for this player he was by far the weekest player on our team but in the semi and the final he was one of our best he didnt score, he was just a thorn in other teams side he should great poise and determinatin to win. mind you he got a bad nik at the end of it but hey thats hockey.

ok thats it for now pookey wants to edit and enjoy her new nick as well.

No comments: